Fire Marshal Training Online (e-learning)
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff. It is a legal obligation that workplaces must have a sufficient number of fire marshals to deal with fire emergencies. This course provides extensive knowledge of fire prevention, evacuation protocol and using fire extinguishers.
Here’s some great additional information issued by the London Fire Brigade.
Course syllabus includes:
- Module 1 – Fire Safety and The Law
- Understanding the importance of fire safety
- Fire safety and the Law
- Responsibility for fire safety in the workplace
- How the law is enforced
- Enforcement powers
- Module 2 – Managing Fire Safety In The Workplace – Principles and Practice
- The role of the Fire Marshal
- Proactive Fire Marshal duties
- Reactive fire marshal duties
- The number of fire marshals required in the workplace
- Module 3 – Understanding How Fires Start
- The main causes of fire
- How fires start – the fire triangle
- Sources of oxygen, heat and fuel
- Dangerous substances – DSEAR
- Classes of fire
- Module 4 – Fire Risk Assessment
- The 5 Steps of Risk assessment
- Fire risk assessment requirements for dangerous substances
- Module 5 – Fire Prevention and Controls
- Fire Prevention
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Good housekeeping
- Passive fire controls
- Active fire controls
- Evacuation routes
- Means of escape for disabled people
- Refuge points
- Emergency lighting
- Module 6 – Evacuation Routes and Fire Signs
- Fire signage
- Signs for fire exit routes
- Signs for fire exit doors
- Signs for fire assembly points
- Signs for fire-fighting equipment and call points
- Warning and prohibition signs
- Module 7 – Emergency Plans, Evacuation Procedures and Fire Drills
- Fire emergency plans
- Evacuation procedures
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP)
- Fire Marshal duties during evacuations
- Fire drills
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This course qualifies for 2 CPD points
- This fire marshal course will take the average learner around 2-3 hours to complete.
- This course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This fire marshal course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.