Home / FAQ

FAQ Page – Answers to our most frequently asked questions

On this page we’ve grouped together the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) that we receive. Hopefully you’ll be able to find the answer to your question here, but if not, there’s a contact form at the bottom of the page which you can use to ask us a question directly. We aim to get back to you within 24 hours, but it’s usually much sooner than that.
Which food safety/food hygiene course should I attend?
Which first aid course should I attend?
Why choose Chris Garland Training for your first aid training, and not the Red Cross or the St John Ambulance?
Who are Ofqual, QNUK & TQUK?
What qualification do I get after attending?
Certificate validity, requalification and refresher training?
How many people will be on the course with me?
What do I need to wear/bring with me for the first aid courses?
Do your courses comply with UK Resuscitation Council guidance?
I am unable to kneel on the floor/use a wheelchair; can I still attend?
Can I bring my baby/child along to the course?
Can I learn online?
What is blended learning?
How do I book and pay for a course?
Are the trainers DBS checked?
What qualifications do the trainers have to teach?
In terms of first aid, what is an appointed person?
Do appointed persons need to undertake first-aid training?
Can appointed persons perform first aid, e.g. cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)?
Record keeping - Do I need to record incidents requiring the attention of a first-aider?
What information should be recorded?
Who is responsible for keeping the records?
What are the penalties for not meeting first aid at work regulations?
Is first aiders annual refresher training a mandatory requirement?
What does my employer have to do on first aid?
How often should the contents of first-aid boxes be replaced?
First aid for travelling, remote and lone workers
Are first-aiders allowed to give tablets and medication to casualties?
How many first-aiders are needed?
Can legal action be taken against first-aiders?
Does the EFAW course replace appointed person training?

Not found the answer to your question?

If we’ve not answered your question above, please feel free to contact us using the form below and we’ll do our best to answer you within 24 hours.

[contact-form-7 id=”453″ title=”Contact form 1″]
%d bloggers like this: