Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering (Online)
This Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering is a really important one for people working in the food service industry. The course is recommended for anyone that deals with food, whether working in a kitchen, a care home or serving food. This online food safety in catering e-learning course will enable you to know how to handle food safely.
The food safety in catering course covers retail food safety practices, safe behaviour in the workplace and how you should keep yourself and the area you work in clean. You’ll learn about food contamination, good safety and different cleaning methods as well as pest control. You will also find out about how to keep food safe from hazards and from spoiling as well as how to cook, transport and handle food safely. Particular attention is paid to temperatures to enable you to handle food safety in a retail environment. The course also looks at correct stock control.
Course syllabus includes:
- Latest food safety Legislation, EHO powers, and Due-Diligence.
- Pathogenic food poisoning bacteria and the Danger Zone.
- Food poisoning multiplication, spores, and toxins.
- How to cook, hot-hold, cool, thaw & reheat food to latest standards.
- How to interpret and plan for the latest legal guidance on food allergens.
- Personal Hygiene and approved hand-washing technique.
- Food Handler’s role in a HACCP system (Food Safety Management System).
- The 6 stages of cleaning and threat of eColi 0157 in chiller.
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Fully accredited by Qualifi, an Ofqual regulated UK Awarding Organisation.
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
- This course will take the average learner around 6 hours to complete.
- The Level 2 Award in Food Safety course is tested online. You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- The course is suitable for anyone over 14 looking to gain a basic qualification in food safety.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Level 2 Award in Food Safety qualification is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Level 2 Award in Food Safety course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that you use a laptop or desktop to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.