Level 2 Award in Food Safety (face to face)
Our level 2 food safety course has been developed to meet the needs of any employee handling food in a retail, catering or manufacturing environment. Anyone who works with food, from the storeman to the head Chef, has a responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers. All food handlers (cooks, chefs, etc) are responsible for ensuring that the food they prepare, serve and sell (or give away) is safe to eat. The qualification is accepted by Local Authority Environmental Health Officers & meets UK & EU Legal requirements.
Please note that if you’re the owner/manager of a food business and are responsible for writing policies and procedure documents, you will need to attend the level 3 training course.
Course syllabus includes:
- The legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- The reporting of food safety hazards, infestations and spoilage
- Personal health and hygiene in a catering environment
- Allergenic hazards
- How to keep food safe within a catering environment
- Contamination and cross-contamination
- Safe food handling practices and procedures
- Temperature controls
- Stock control procedures
- Food spoilage
- Cleaning practices & the safe use and storage of chemicals
- Waste disposal
- Pest control
- Valid for 3 years. A4 sized paper certificate & credit card sized plastic certificates are issued.
- The following three certificates are available after passing the relevant exam. Please let us know which you’d prefer to undertake/receive.
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail (RQF)
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering (RQF)
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (RQF)
- 6 guided learning hours with a further 3 hours self study.
- Please read the following pages on the Food Standards Agency website prior to attending the course:
- Each candidate will undertake a multiple-choice question paper & practical assessment.
- You need to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- You should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification.
- This food safety course is available to candidates across the UK. We can deliver the course in other countries, but the protocols that we teach meet the current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.