Evacuation Chair Train-the-Trainer Course
Our one day Evacuation Chair Train the Trainer course is specifically designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to run in-house training for your colleagues. We cover the legislation surrounding evacuation chairs, Government guidance, physical considerations and more. We also ensure that you get plenty of hands-on practice with a range of different makes and models of evacuation chair (typically a minimum of 4 chairs). After being taught how to use a chairs yourself, you’ll then be coached on running a training session for your colleagues. To ensure that you’re confident in this, you’ll run a short teaching session in the afternoon where you will be instructing the group how to use one of the chairs.
Key benefits of the course:
- Enables you to conduct in-house evacuation chair training when new staff require training or existing staff need refresher training.
- Generates cost savings through bringing skills in-house.
- Enables you to run your own training.
- Delivered by a highly experienced instructor.
Course syllabus includes:
- History behind evacuation chairs.
- Legislation relating to evacuation chairs.
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEP).
- Postural issues to avoid injuries to the evacuation chair operator.
- Practical skills with evacuation chairs.
- Transferring from a wheelchair into an evacuation chair and back.
- Preparation: how to prepare and structure your training.
- Face to Face training (maximum of 6 learners to 1 instructor).
- Following successful completion of the course and assessments, you will receive the following course certificate from Chris Garland Training:
- Evacuation Chair Train-the-Trainer Certificate.
- Paper certificates are issued as standard but PDF certificates can be requested as well.
- Certificate valid for 3 years.
- 6 guided learning hours.
- Typically 09:30-16:30hrs. Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Each candidate will undertake a multiple-choice question paper & practical assessment.
- Multiple-Choice Question paper: You need to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
- Practical observation: Practical assessments throughout the course including a practical teaching demonstration of part of the course
- Prior experience of evacuation chair use is not required.
- You will need to have a reasonable level of physical fitness to use the chairs safely despite what some manufacturers claim.
- The course does not typically suit those of a petite stature, those with back or mobility issues or those of a nervous disposition!
- You must be at least 18 years old to undertake this course.
- We recommend that you have at least GCSE grade C/Level 2 English & Maths before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- This evacuation chair train the trainer course is available to candidates across the UK. We can deliver the course in other countries, but the protocols that we teach meet the current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.