Evacuation Chairs Train the Trainer Course
Our one day Evacuation Chairs Train the Trainer Course is specifically designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to run in-house training for your colleagues. We cover the legislation surrounding evacuation chairs, Government guidance, physical considerations and more. We also ensure that you get plenty of hands-on practice with a range of different makes and models of evacuation chair (typically a minimum of 4 chairs).
After being taught how to use a chairs yourself, you’ll then be coached on running a training session for your colleagues. To ensure that you’re confident in this, you’ll run a short teaching session in the afternoon where you will be instructing the group how to use one of the chairs.
Key benefits of the course:
- Get hands-on experience of several of the most popular types of evacuation chair on the market.
- Enables you to conduct in-house evacuation chair training when new staff require training or existing staff need refresher training.
- Generates cost savings through bringing skills in-house.
- Enables you to run your own training.
- Delivered by our highly experienced instructor.
Evacuation Chairs Train the Trainer Course syllabus includes:
- History behind evacuation chairs.
- What is an evacuation chair?
- Who would use one and when?
- Legislation relating to evacuation chairs.
- Disability awareness & etiquette
- Planning an evacuation
- Evacuation strategies
- PEEPs & GEEPs
- Risks to evacuation sledge operators
- The spine
- Employers considerations
- Moving, lifting & handling techniques.
- Postural issues to avoid injuries to the chair operator.
- Evacuation Chair use (practical)
- Assisting people into the evacuation evacuation chair and back.
- Written test.
- Practical assessment.
- Preparation: how to prepare and structure your training.
- 10-15 minute practical teaching demonstration of part of the course.
- Practical, face to face training.
- Maximum of 12 candidates per course.
- Following successful completion of the course and assessments, you will receive the following course certificate from Chris Garland Training:
- Evacuation Chair Train-the-Trainer Certificate.
- PDF certificates are issued as standard.
- Certificates valid for 3 years.
- Typically 09:00-17:00hrs.
- Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- The training and assessment is undertaken in English. We recommend that you have at least GCSE grade C/Level 2 English & Maths before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory, so please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments that we can make to accommodate your needs.
- Each candidate will undertake a multiple-choice question paper & practical assessment.
- Multiple-Choice Question paper: You need to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
- Practical observation: Practical assessments throughout the course, including a practical teaching demonstration of part of the course
- Prior experience of evacuation equipment use is not required.
- You will need a reasonable level of strength & fitness as there is a significant amount of manual handling involved in the use of evacuation equipment.
- Those with hernias, upper body, spinal or limb injuries should not undertake this training.
- You should be between approximately 5’5” & 6’2” in height – outside of this and you can’t operate evacuation equipment safely or comfortably.
- You should be between at least 9 stone in weight – operators need to have a minimum mass to be able to move evacuation equipment safely.
- You must wear appropriate clothing for the training (e.g.: trousers and flat shoes/boots)
- You must be at least 18 years old to undertake this course.
- We recommend that you have at least GCSE grade C/Level 2 English & Maths before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory, so please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments that we can make to accommodate your needs.
- This evacuation chair train the trainer course is available to candidates across the UK. We can deliver the course in other countries, but the protocols that we teach meet the current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote request form to request a quotation.