Catastrophic Bleed Control Course (3 hours)
Our catastrophic bleed control course, is ideal for those working in the UK or abroad in high risk or hostile environments, such as security staff, arborists, construction & forestry workers, expedition leaders and companies who feel their staff would benefit from this type of training.
It’s also a perfect CPD course for existing first aid instructors, complimenting the new BS8599-1:2019 compliant Critical Injury First Aid kits which are now standard across the UK. You may not have seen or heard of these kits before, but trust me, they’re already out there, in hundreds of venues across the UK, wherever large number of people gather.
The information in this catastrophic bleed control course is based on the latest Position & Consensus Statements from bodies such as the Faculty of Pre-hospital Care, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Recent changes made to first aid training syllabus requirements have led to the reintroduction in teaching the use of tourniquets and haemostatic agents in some first aid courses. This has been reinforced with the introduction of British Standard BS8599-1:2019, which you can read more about here.
You do not need to have attended a first aid course to attend this Catastrophic bleed control course, but it will significantly develop your knowledge and understand if you have been on one in the past. At the end of the course, you’ll understand & potentially be able to administer lifesaving treatment to those injured in traumatic incidents, before the arrival of the emergency services.
Being a slimmed down version of our Critical Injury Responder Course, this 3 hour course will give you plenty of knowledge & practical experience. By its very nature, this course covers topics which some might find distasteful or disturbing.
Catastrophic Bleed Control Course syllabus includes:
- The vascular system & blood volumes
- Dealing with critical injuries including catastrophic bleeds, including the use of;
- Haemostatic Dressings
- Wound packing
Catastrophic Bleed Control Course Certificate:
- Certified by Chris Garland Training:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, but paper certificates can be requested.
- 3 guided learning hours.
- Generally we run these courses from 9.00am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-5pm.
Catastrophic Bleed Control Course Test:
- Practical assessments throughout the course.
Catastrophic Bleed Control Course Pre-requisites:
- Candidates must be over 18.
- You do not need to have undertaken any formal first aid training to attend this course – the more people who have these skills, the better!
- Attendees will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real activity environment. This includes providing first aid to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore you must be physically capable of doing so.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We limit numbers to a maximum of 12 candidates per course. Should you have more than 12 candidates to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course.
- This qualification is available to candidates across the UK. The Qualification can be delivered in other countries; however, candidates should be aware that the protocols meet current UK guidelines.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private catastrophic bleed control course run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
Catastrophic Bleed Control Course Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.