Level 2 Award in Understanding and Applying COSHH Principles E-Learning
This accredited Level 2 course presents the principles of Control of Substances Hazardous to health (COSHH) and how to apply them within your business environment. This new, flexible online video-based course filmed on-location covers the latest COSHH regulations.
Fully accredited by QUALIFI, an OFQUAL regulated UK Awarding Organisation, this course highlights legal requirements to protect workers from hazardous substances, identifies hazardous substances and associated health and safety issues and outlines the risk assessment and reduction process.
It’s aimed at anyone who is exposed to Substances Hazardous to Health at work, as well as line managers with responsibility for such people.
So what do we mean by ‘Substances Hazardous to Health’? In legal terms, these are substances that are classified as “very toxic, toxic, harmful, corrosive or Irritant” under the Classification, Labelling and Packaging Regulation (CLP). This regulation came into force in January 2009 dovetailing with a set of regulations called REACH. REACH is a European Union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals, which came into force on 1st June 2007. One of the main aims of REACH is to provide a high level of protection for human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
Applying COSHH Principles Level 2 Course syllabus includes:
- Identify a range of substances commonly found in a range of workplaces and the ways in which they can be hazardous to health.
- Describe the range and purpose of legal requirements relating to COSHH, demonstrating that they understand the various and varying responsibilities of employer, manager and employee.
- Show awareness of the types of injury and ill health that can be caused by hazardous substance, and an understanding of the difference between acute and chronic injuries and conditions.
- Identify the different ways that hazardous substances can be identified and understand the importance of good record keeping and signposting.
- Be able to identify the risks associated with hazardous substances and act accordingly. The value and purpose of conducting formal and informal COSHH assessments and implementing appropriate control measures.
Applying COSHH Principles Level 2 Certificate:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 1 years. We strongly recommend that you revisit your training after 1 year so as to maintain a safe workspace.
Applying COSHH Principles Level 2 Course duration:
- This course will take the average learner around 14 hours to complete.
- This COSHH course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 67% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
Applying COSHH Principles Level 2 Course Pre-requisites:
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This COSHH course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
Applying COSHH Principles Level 2 Joining instructions:
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.