Introduction to Infection Control
This Introduction to Infection Control course starts with defining infection prevention and control and explaining the impact of good and bad infection control.
Every year at least 300,000 people develop a Health Care Associated Infection. This has a huge impact on the patient, the staff and the institution it occurs in. Whereas if there is good infection prevention and control, patients will have better health and more independence.
The course then goes into detail about, the legislation that applies to infection control, the different types of microorganisms, how bacteria are transmitted, the chain of infection, and much more.
Infection prevention and control measures aim to ensure the protection of those who might be vulnerable to acquiring an infection.
Course syllabus includes:
- The course structure
- Infection prevention and control, and the impact of infection
- The different microorganisms
- How bacteria are transmitted
- The Chain of Infection
- The control and prevention of infection
- Cleaning & Decontamination
Certificate in Handling Information in a Care Setting:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The Introduction to Infection Control course includes around 60 minutes of video lead learning.
- The Introduction to Infection Control course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Introduction to Infection Control course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Introduction to Infection Control course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.