This diabetes awareness course is aimed at people working in the health and social care sector. It is believed that up to 26% of residential and nursing home residents have diabetes so being able to recognise the symptoms and knowing how you can help them to manage the condition is essential.
Diabetes can develop in anyone, at any point in their life, although there are certain groups and age ranges where it is more common.
Diabetes is a serious lifelong health condition that occurs when the amount of glucose, or sugar, in the blood is too high. If left untreated, high blood glucose levels can cause serious health complications. There are a range of symptoms that could indicate that someone has diabetes, these range from excessive thirst to feeling more tired than usual.
The course provides you with an overview of the condition and the common symptoms that might indicate someone has diabetes. It covers methods of diagnosis, some possible treatments and common complications that can affect those with the condition.
Course syllabus includes:
- Diabetes – What it is and its Prevalence
- Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
Certificate in Diabetes Awareness:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The Diabetes Awareness course includes around 45 minutes of video lead learning.
- The Diabetes Awareness course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Diabetes Awareness course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Diabetes Awareness course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.