First Aid for Parents Course E-Learning
This online First Aid for Parents course is around 1.5 hours long, but it’s specifically designed to give parents and grandparents the first aid skills to be able to deal with childhood first aid situations.
If you’re a new parent and even slightly worried about having to deal with first aid situations for your little one, this course will teach you what to do. I know I would have appreciated having attended a course like this when my kids were young!
Course syllabus includes:
- Preparing for an Emergency
- Calling the Emergency Services
- CPR – Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Secondary Survey
- The Recovery Position
- Suspected Spinal Injury
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- External Bleeding
- Embedded Objects / Removing a Splinter
- Cuts and grazes
- Bruising & Puncture Wounds
- Eye, Ear, Nose and Teeth Injuries and conditions
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Sprains and Strains
- Head Injuries
- Seizures / Epilepsy
- Electric Shock
- Childhood Conditions and Illnesses
- Burns and Scalds
- You’ll receive your first Aid for Parents certificate as a pdf document issued by Chris Garland Training.
- The course will typically take between 1 & 1.5 hours to complete.
- There are several short multiple choice tests through the course, plus an end of course test.
- This course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however the course content has been developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Being an online course, the course can be run from anywhere. Perfect for studying at home!
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the First Aid Annual Skills Update E-learning course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.