Level 2 Award in Safeguarding Children and Young People (E-Learning)
This fully accredited level 2 Award in Safeguarding Children & Young People course gives you a secure understanding of your responsibilities as a practitioner working or volunteering with children & young people. It briefs you on how to recognise the signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect and, crucially, takes you through the process of what to do to ensure correct procedures are followed whilst keeping the child at the centre of your concern and practice.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. All people working with children or families must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection. This Level 2 Qualification satisfies this need and is suitable for anyone aged over 18 and working or volunteering with children and young people.
This Safeguarding Children course is intended to be completed by all who are working with children and young people in any voluntary, statutory, charity, third sector or private organisation. This includes:
- Teachers in primary, secondary and specialist schools and academies
- Teachers/lecturers in colleges
- Teaching assistants in primary, secondary and specialist schools, colleges and academies
- Learning mentors in all school, college and academy settings
- Support staff in all school, college and academy settings
- Out of school and lunchtime club leaders and assistants
- Sports club staff, assistants and volunteers
- Faith and Religious group leaders, assistants and volunteers
- Uniformed organisation group leaders, assistants and volunteers
- Charities and social enterprises providing care for school age children
No prior knowledge is required to study this introductory level course and it is suitable for all workers – full/part time and paid/unpaid.
Course syllabus includes:
- Legal Framework for Safeguarding and Child Protection in the UK.
- How to recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse.
- How to respond to concerns.
- How to record any concerns.
- How to report any concerns.
- Practical opportunities to put this knowledge into practice in a safe, non-pressured way.
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This course will take the average learner around 1.5 hours to complete.
- This Safeguarding Children course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 83% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Safeguarding Children course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This Safeguarding Children course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.