Introduction to Dementia Awareness
This Introduction to Dementia Awareness course is intended to give you an overview of the common types and symptoms of dementia as well as going into how it can affect the brain in different ways. The course is intended for anyone who works with or around people that may be suffering with dementia.
Dementia is used to describe the symptoms that occur when the brain is affected by specific diseases and conditions.
Dementia is a chronic progressive problem of cognition – which is failure of the brain’s functions. It affects people at different stages of life, it affects different parts of the brain and it affects it at different speeds.
The course covers strategies to use with clients with dementia and dealing with challenging behaviour.
Course syllabus includes:
- What Is Dementia?
- The Brain
- Types of Dementia
- Strategies to Use with Clients with Dementia, and Dealing with Challenging Behaviour
Certificate in Introduction to Dementia Awareness:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 25 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Introduction to Dementia Awareness course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Introduction to Dementia Awareness course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries. Candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Introduction to Dementia Awareness course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.