Baby & Toddler First Aid
Our Baby & Toddler First Aid course is just two hours long, but it’s specifically designed to give parents and grandparents the first aid skills to be able to deal with childhood first aid situations. I deliver this course in a friendly and stress-free way to make sure that you get the most from the course. So if you’re a new parent and even slightly worried about having to deal with first aid situations for your little one, come along and learn what to do. I know I would have appreciated having attended a course like this when my kids were young!
Course syllabus includes:
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Recognise & administer first aid to an baby or toddler who is/has;
- unresponsive & breathing normally
- unresponsive & not breathing normally
- having a seizure or febrile convulsion
- may have meningitis
- small cuts & grazes
- a nose bleed, bleeding from mouth, tooth injuries
- minor burns and scalds
- foreign bodies in the ears, eyes or nose
- You’ll receive a Baby & Toddler First Aid certificate issued by Chris Garland Training.
- 2 guided learning hours.
- There’s no test for this course, but there are practical assessments throughout the course.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where by negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however the course content has been developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your home/workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.