Fire Marshal Training for Care Homes (e-learning)
Fire Marshal Training for Care Homes. Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff. It is a legal obligation that workplaces must have a sufficient number of fire marshals to deal with fire emergencies. This course provides extensive knowledge of fire prevention, evacuation protocol and using fire extinguishers & has been especially tailored to those working in a care home setting.
Here’s some great additional information issued by the London Fire Brigade.
Fire Marshal Training for Care Homes Course syllabus includes:
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire?
- Fire Statistics
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Preventative Measures
- Safety Features within Buildings
- Role of the Fire Marshal
- Action on Fire Discovery
- Fire Drills and Evacuation
- Fire Extinguishers
- Pre-Engagement Action
- Using a Fire Extinguisher
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This fire marshal training for care homes course will take the average learner around 4 hours to complete.
- This course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This fire marshal training for care homes course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.