Basic CPR & AED Training
Want to know how to do CPR & use a defibrillator, but don’t want to do a full first aid course? This is the course for you! This Basic CPR & AED training course is aimed those who are likely to be called upon to undertake or assist with providing CPR and defibrillation of a victim in cardiac arrest. The course has been mapped to current UK Resuscitation Council guidelines & is aimed at anyone who wants to learn how to do effective CPR.
Course syllabus includes:
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Recognise & administer first aid to an adult, child or infant casualty who;
- is unresponsive & breathing normally (“recovery position”)
- is unresponsive & not breathing normally (providing CPR & using an AED Defibrillator)
Basic CPR & AED Training Certificate:
- Issued by Chris Garland Training.
- Your A4 sized pdf certificate will be valid for 1 year.
- Minimum of 3 guided learning hours with a further recommended 2 hours of self study.
- Practical assessments throughout the course.
Basic CPR & AED Training Pre-requisites:
- You’ll need to be able to demonstrate first aid procedures as you would in a real activity environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor. So you must be physically capable of doing this to pass the course.
- It’s recommended that you have a minimum of GCSE grade C/Level 2 literacy and numeracy (or equivalent) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- The course is suitable for anyone over 16 looking to undertake the responsibilities associated with being a nominated first aider.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where by negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This AED course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- Although the content of the course has been developed in accordance with current UK practice, the course can be delivered in other countries.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
Basic CPR & AED Training Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.