Level 1 Award in Food Safety Essentials for Food Handlers E-Learning
The Level 1 Award in Food Safety course provides an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
- New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A)
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
Food Handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and UK Laws. These Laws state that food handlers must make sure that food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold, is safe for human consumption. Failing to follow food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to give them greater awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
Course syllabus includes:
- Basic essentials of food safety law guiding safe food preparation.
- Threat of pathogenic food poisoning bacteria and how it multiplies.
- Awareness of physical and chemical contamination threats.
- Using temperature to control food poisoning bacteria (cook, chill, reheat).
- Basic awareness of allergenic food ingredients.
- Personal Hygiene guide including approved hand-washing technique.
- Basic cleaning and awareness of food pest threats.
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
- Level 1 Award in Food Safety Essentials for Food Handlers
- This course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This Level 1 Award in Food Safety course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 75% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- The course is suitable for anyone over 14 looking to gain a basic qualification in food safety.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Level 1 Award in Food Safety course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This Level 1 Award in Food Safety course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.