Display Screen Equipment Awareness E-Learning
Our IRSM approved display screen equipment courses are aimed at users of display screen equipment (DSE) and those responsible for assessing display screen equipment.
A ‘user’, is anyone who regularly uses display screen equipment for a significant part of their normal work. In practice, if you use display screen equipment continuously for more than one hour a day, then you’re a ‘user’.
So what do we mean by display screen equipment?
The first thing most people think of is a computer monitor. But that’s not the only thing it refers to Display screen equipment could also mean laptops, tablet PCs, televisions, smartphones, CNC control pads, portable diagnostic screens or equipment containing cathode ray tubes, or CRTs.
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations contain special directives covering DSE safety. Both employers and employee‐users have responsibilities under the legislation.
This course fulfils your statutory training obligations and covers among other things, the correct way to set up and use your display screen equipment safely. Reducing the risk of work related conditions.
Course syllabus includes:
- Protecting Your Body
- Adjusting Your Chair
- Adjusting Your Screen
- Work Arrangements
- Adjusting the Layout of Your Workstation
- Adjusting Your Work Environment
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 1 years. We strongly recommend that you revisit your training after 1 year so as to maintain a safe workspace.
- This awareness course will take the average learner around 2 hours to complete.
- The Display Screen Equipment Awareness course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This Display Screen Equipment Awareness course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.