Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace for Childcare Practitioners E-Learning
This accredited Level 2 Health & Safety in the Workplace for all childcare practitioners. This flexible online video-based course following the Approved UK syllabus is filmed on-location in an award winning early years setting.
This award seeks to addresses the most common factors affecting the health, safety and welfare of childcare professionals, and young children in their care. It comprises health and safety issues affecting the childcare professional at work (such as kitchen safety, electricity, slips, trips, falls), and hazards affecting the direct safety of the children in their care (such as choking, drowning, falls). The unit incorporates recognised Health & Safety in the Workplace syllabus outcomes, including requirements for Health and Safety Executive, Environmental Health, employment law, and employers due-diligence requirements. It also seeks to incorporate statutory frameworks and quality practice guidance governing best practice within the childcare industry including appropriate OFSTED and EYFS Early Years Foundation Stage guidance. This award is appropriate for all staff working in a professional childcare role including those from commercial nurseries, child minders, and those from not-for-profit or volunteer settings.
Fully accredited by QUALIFI, an OFQUAL regulated UK Awarding Organisation, this course provides an in-depth understanding of a range of threats to the Health & Safety of childcare workers and young children and babies in their care. Includes basic risk assessment and how to minimise threat to safety.
Course syllabus includes:
This course covers the nationally approved syllabus and content for Level 2 Health & Safety in the Workplace. It has been specially adapted and accredited for catering and hospitality workers. It includes the following highlights:
- Introduction to Health & Safety Childcare.
- Health & Safety law.
- Accident classification & reporting.
- Risks and risk assessment.
- Nursery environment hazards.
- Play & play equipment hazards.
- Manual handling.
- Infection prevention & control.
- Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace for Childcare Practitioners
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This course takes the average learner around 8 hours to complete.
- This workplace health & safety course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 83% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace for Childcare Practitioners course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This workplace health & safety course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.