Electrical Safety E-Learning
Electricity is the lifeblood of modern society, so understanding basic electrical safety is paramount. Electricity enhances our quality of life and we are becoming increasingly reliant on it to power tools and devices we use for work and entertainment. However, although electricity has many benefits it can also be a hidden killer as it can’t be seen, felt, smelled or heard until someone comes into contact with it.
This IIRSM approved electrical safety course starts by covering the many benefits electricity brings to society, as well as its key components voltage, current and resistance. It explains the two main types of electricity, cover UK accident and death statistics, and describe a simple way of remembering the electrical hazards. It then goes on to provide basic instructions about how you could safely help someone you suspect has received an electric shock. Towards the end of the course it includes an overview of the main standards, guidance and legislation that control the use of electricity in the workplace, and finish off by looking at simple maintenance plans and portable appliance testing including who within an organisation would be best to carry out the various checks.
Electrical Safety Course syllabus includes:
- Overview and Benefits of Electricity
- What is Electricity?
- How Electricity Can Cause Harm
- Legislation, Standards and Key Steps
- PAT Testing Standards and Guidance
Electrical Safety Certificate:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 1 years. We strongly recommend that you revisit your training after 1 year so as to maintain a safe workspace.
Electrical Safety Course duration:
- This course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This electrical safety awareness course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Our electrical safety awareness course can be run on most electronic devices, but we recommend a laptop/desktop so can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.