Wound Closure Course (inc. Suturing)
We are pleased to introduce our full day wound closure course includes the use of wound closure strips, surgical adhesive, staples and suturing.
The course aims to provide candidates with the skills to assess and close wounds within the Pre-Hospital Care environment. You will learn a range of techniques as well as the underpinning theory to support wound assessment and closure.
This course is aimed at Registered Healthcare Professionals and others as covered in the Candidates section below.
FREE GIFT: As part of the course, you will have your own suturing kit, including suturing training pad and selection of tools. These are yours to take home after the course has finished.
Course syllabus includes:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Wound assessment
- Use of Local Anaesthetic
- Referral to Speciality
- Closure methods including;
- Wound closure strips (e.g. Steri-strips),
- Skin adhesive (surgical glue)
- Face to Face training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
- This course includes practical sessions using suturing training pads and (when available) pig trotters.
- Certificate of attendance issued by Chris Garland Training in association with Medline Consultancy.
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard.
- Note: Completion of this course does not constitute a “licence to practice”. While the course will give you the skills required to undertake wound closure, it is down to your employer (i.e. the organisation that you wish to use these skills within) to ensure they have the correct governance and insurances in place for you to undertake the wound closure.
- 6 guided learning hours with a recommended further self-study.
- The course will typically run from 09:30-16:30hrs.
- Please note the exact times for your course found in your booking confirmation email.
- The wound closure course is assessed throughout.
- Assessments are made of your theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- This course is suitable for:
- Ambulance Technician (e.g. FREC5, Associate Ambulance Practitioner, IHCD Ambulance Technician or equivalent qualification).
- Student Healthcare Professionals on a recognised course of study at a minimum of year 2.
- Registered Healthcare Professionals (i.e. you have a current GMC, NMC, GPHC, HCPC or GDC Pin number).
- If you don’t see your current role/grade in the list above, please contact us to check before booking.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details. There is no minimum for a private course.
- Maximum: We limit this course to a maximum of 12 candidates. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course.
- This wound closure course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- The course advertised is an Open Course. You can arrange a private training course at your premises. Use the quote builder tool which will generate a quotation.
- To arrange a private course for yourself and/or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.