Wound Closure Course (inc. Suturing)
We are pleased to introduce our half day wound closure course includes the use of wound closure strips, surgical adhesive, staples and suturing.
The course aims to provide candidates with the skills to assess and close wounds within the Pre-Hospital Care environment. You will learn a range of techniques as well as the underpinning theory to support wound assessment and closure.
This course is aimed at Registered Healthcare Professionals (Registered Nurses, Paramedics, Physiotherapists etc) as well as medical students, dentists, dental nurses, veterinarians, etc. (Please note the course prerequisites noted below).
FREE GIFT: As part of the course, you will have your own suturing kit, including suturing training pad and selection of tools. These are yours to take home after the course has finished.
Course syllabus includes:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Wound assessment
- Use of Local Anaesthetic
- Referral to Speciality
- Closure methods including;
- Wound closure strips (e.g. Steri-strips),
- Skin adhesive (surgical glue)
- Face to Face training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
- This course includes practical sessions using suturing training pads and (when available) pig trotters.
- Certificate of attendance issued by Chris Garland Training.
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard.
- Note: Completion of this course does not constitute a “licence to practice”.
- 6 guided learning hours with a recommended further self-study.
- The course will typically run from 09:30-16:30hrs.
- Please note the exact times for your course found in your booking confirmation email.
- The wound closure course is assessed throughout.
- Assessments are made of your theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- Typically, candidates will be Registered Healthcare Professionals (such as Registered Nurses, Paramedics, Physiotherapists etc), medical students, dentists, dental nurses, veterinarians, etc.
- Candidates must hold a minimum qualification of QNUK Level 3 Award for First Responders (RQF) or equivalent, for your field of practice.
- Candidates must have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details. There is no minimum for a private course.
- Maximum: Because of the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, we are limited to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course.
- This wound closure course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- The course advertised is an Open Course. You can arrange a private training course at your premises. Use the quote builder tool which will generate a quotation.
- To arrange a private course for yourself and/or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.