Workplace Health & Safety Training E-Learning
This IIRSM approved workplace health & safety course covers general health and safety issues that apply to a wide range of types of businesses and sectors, from office and retail environments to workshops and factories.
The wide range of topics covered makes this a great course to act as an introduction to health and safety in the workplace that can then be built on with more detailed courses that cover specific hazards that employees might come into contact with in specific workplaces. This makes it a useful part of the staff induction process. The course has a very wide audience as it applies to a wide range of sectors and can be included as part of the induction process in most businesses, especially when combined with other more specific health and safety courses that apply to the candidates role.
By the end of this course the candidate will have an understanding of health and safety legislation and definitions of common terms associated with health and safety. This is followed up with some statistics outlining the most common causes of accidents in the workplace. They will also understand good practice in relation to electricity, display screen equipment and the use of safe manual handling techniques. The course also introduces best practice associated with the control of substances hazardous to health regulations, the importance of using appropriate PPE as instructed and the most common procedures to follow in the event of a fire.
The course contains specific case studies that outline the seriousness of health and safety in the workplace and potential consequences if there is a health and safety breach. Along with all this it introduces the concept of risk assessment and concludes with the actions that should be taken in the event of an emergency situation occurring.
Course syllabus includes:
- What Is Health and Safety?
- Case Studies
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Fire, Electricity, DSE and Manual Handling
- Emergencies, COSHH, PPE and Stress
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
- This workplace health & safety course will take the average learner around 45 minutes to complete.
- This course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The workplace health & safety course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.