Workplace Fire Safety Awareness (face to face)
Our Workplace Fire Safety Awareness course helps businesses comply with the Law as the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 has made fire safety training a legal requirement for all businesses of every size. Why not upgrade to the Level 1 Award in Fire Awareness at Work – simply select that option above.
Should a fire breakout within your workplace, you don’t want your employees to panic. Our Workplace Fire Safety Awareness course teaches you how to prevent a fire from occurring in the first place, & what to do in the event of a fire. The course give delegates a practical understanding of workplace fire safety awareness, enabling them to identify and use the correct fire extinguishers and put fire prevention procedures into place. We also looks at the legal responsibilities both of the business, the owner/manager and the individual. Our fire safety awareness course is ideal for anyone (aged 14+) looking to gain this fundamental knowledge.
Course syllabus includes:
- What is “fire”?
- Common causes of fire.
- The fire triangle.
- The hazards & risks associated with fire in the workplace.
- Understanding the spread of smoke & flames.
- Reducing the risk of fire.
- Methods of detection and signalling.
- How fires are extinguished.
- Types of fire fighting equipment.
- How to use fire extinguishers.
- Active and passive fire controls.
- Actions in the event of a fire.
- Face to Face and hands-on training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
- Certified by Chris Garland Training:
- This is the default option.
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard.
- Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
- Certified by the Ofqual Regulated Awarding Organisation:
- If you’d prefer this option, please select this option when making your booking above.
- Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
- It’s strongly recommended that all staff undertake regular refresher training, ideally annually.
- 3 guided learning hours plus breaks.
- Generally we run these courses from 9am until 1pm, or 1.30pm until 5.30pm.
- Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Whether certified by Chris Garland Training or the Ofqual Regulated Awarding Organisation that we use, the assessments are the basically the same. Each candidate undertakes a multiple-choice question paper. You need to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
- We recommend that you have a minimum of GCSE grade D/Level 1 literacy and numeracy (or equivalent) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- The recommended minimum age to undertake this course/qualification is 14 years.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This workplace fire safety awareness course is available to candidates across the UK, as is the Level 1 Award in Fire Awareness at Work course.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.
- Here’s some great additional information issued by the London Fire Brigade about fire safety training.