Working Within the Private Security Industry E-Learning
This CPD approved Working Within the Private Security Industry course is an introduction to the private security industry, and the main services it covers. It discusses the body which regulates the industry, highlights the standards of behaviour expected from security operatives, and the law as it relates to the industry.
In the UK, the private security industry provides manned, physical and technical systems to help protect people, premises and property. It can also help prevent and detect crimes and any activities that could be considered unauthorised as well as offering expertise in monitoring and responding to safety risks.
The course includes an in-depth look at health and safety issues, the concept of duty of care and examines a range of emergency situations which security operatives might be involved with. The course also covers communication skills, including tips for effective radio communication and instructions on how to use the phonetic alphabet.
The course is ideal for anyone wanting to start a career in the Private Security Industry, or those in the early stages of their career that want to broaden their knowledge of the industry. This course covers a wide range of roles within the Private Security Industry, their various responsibilities and how these are affected by the law. It also includes a wide overview of the health and safety concerns that should be considered by those working in the industry. CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.
Course syllabus includes:
- Working in the Private Security Industry
- Civil and Criminal Law
- Health and Safety
- Fire Procedures
- Communication Skills and Customer Service
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This Working Within the Private Security Industry course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Working Within the Private Security Industry course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.