Working at Height Training (Face to Face)
Our Working at Height Training course is aimed at anyone who undertakes or will be undertaking work at height, or who employs people who regularly work at height.
The term work at height applies to a wide range of situations ranging from the obvious ones like working on platforms, ladders, scaffolds or stages, for instance, to working alongside deep trenches. This is because the crucial thing to understand about work at height is that it’s not how far you climb, but how far you can fall.
‘Falls’ doesn’t just mean people falling from heights. If materials or equipment fall, that will obviously present an equally dangerous hazard to anyone below.
All working at height situations are covered by health and safety legislation. Chief among these is the Work at Height Regulations 2005. These regulations confer legal duties on employers and employees to assess, control and minimise risks and hazards from work at height. This course will cover topics including the dangers of working at height, the regulations, the hierarchy of controls, assessing risk and much more. It’s vital to understand all this because as I’m sure you’ll know, working at height can be extremely dangerous.
Working at Height Training Course syllabus includes:
- Work at height – so what?
- What is work at height?
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Organising and planning
- Emergency procedures
- Competency & competent persons
- Employees duties
- Avoiding risk
- Selection of work equipment
- Specific work equipment
- Avoidance of risks
- Danger areas, fragile surfaces & falling objects
- Inspection regimes
- Face to Face training (maximum of 8 learners to 1 instructor).
- Certified by Chris Garland Training.
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard.
- Due to changes in legislation, your certificate is valid for 3 years.
Working at Height Training Course duration:
- 4 guided learning hours with a recommended further self-study.
- The course will typically run from 09:00-13:00hrs & 13:30-17:30. Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Multiple-Choice Question paper:
- Each candidate will undertake a multiple-choice question paper.
- You need to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
Working at Height Training (Face to Face) Pre-requisites:
- Candidates should be at least 14 years old to undertake this qualification.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details. There is no minimum for a private course.
- Maximum: Because of the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, we are limited to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course. We can then arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with the candidate to instructor ratio restriction.
- This working at height training course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- The course advertised is an Open Course. You can arrange a private training course at your premises. Use the quote builder tool which will generate a quotation.
Working at Height Training Private courses:
- To arrange a private course for yourself and/or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.