Working at Height Training E-Learning
Our Working at Height Training is a RoSPA approved course which is aimed at anyone who undertakes work at height, or who employs people who regularly work at height.
The term work at height applies to a wide range of situations ranging from the obvious ones like working on platforms, ladders, scaffolds or stages to working alongside deep trenches. This is because the crucial thing to understand about work at height is that it’s not how far you climb, but how far you can fall. ‘Falls’ doesn’t just mean people falling from heights. If materials or equipment fall, that will obviously present an equally dangerous hazard to anyone below.
All working at height situations are covered by health and safety legislation. Chief among these is the Work at Height Regulations 2005. These regulations confer legal duties on employers and employees to assess, control and minimise risks and hazards from work at height. This course covers topics including the dangers of working at height, the regulations, the hierarchy of controls, assessing risk and much more. It’s vital to understand all this because as I’m sure you’ll know, working at height can be extremely dangerous.
Please note that this is an awareness course only, if your duties include working at height you will also need further practical training, you can get in touch with us to arrange this.
Working at Height Training Course syllabus includes:
- Introducing Work at Height
- The Dangers of Work at Height
- The Work at Height Regulations
- Summary of Duty Holder’s Responsibilities
- Employer’s Responsibilities
- The Hierarchy of Control
- Avoiding Work at Height Wherever Possible
- Prevent Risk of Falls
- Minimise Consequences
- The Risk Assessment
Working at Height Training Certificate:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
- This awareness course will take the average learner around 2 hours to complete.
- This course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
Working at Height Training Pre-requisites:
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The qualification is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
Working at Height Training Joining instructions:
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.