Understanding your Role in Care
This Understanding your Role in Care course, will define social care and talk about why people choose it as a career and what its goals and objectives are.
Social care is the provision of social work, personal care, protection or social support services to children or adults in need, or at risk, or adults with needs arising from illness, disability, old age or poverty. Choosing a job in health and social care means you want to make a difference to other people’s lives by supporting and caring for them, so they can thrive and their quality of life is enhanced.
The course looks at job descriptions, person centred care, understanding code of practices and the basics of government legislation. Finally it will touch on dealing with conflicts at work.
To work in a professional manner and provide the best quality of care, you need to know the duties, responsibilities and boundaries of your job.
Course syllabus includes:
- The course structure
- Understanding social care
- Agreed ways of working
- Keeping up-to-date
- Working in partnership
- Resolving conflicts
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 40 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Understanding your Role in Care course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Understanding your Role in Care course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Understanding your Role in Care course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.