Teens First Aid (for kids 10-14 years old)
We’ve developed this Teens First Aid course to fit in between our Junior Doctor course (5-10 year old) and the mainstream first aid courses that can be undertaken when you reach 14 years old. The course is designed to give children a great foundation of knowledge in first aid. It matches the course content of Scout & Guide Association badges enabling those who complete the course successfully to gain their badges straight away.
Teens First Aid Course syllabus includes:
- How not to panic
- What to do straight away
- Calling the emergency services
- Reassuring someone at the scene of an emergency
- Administer first aid someone who is/has:
- unresponsive & breathing normally
- unresponsive & not breathing normally
- small cuts & grazes
- a nose bleed, bleeding from mouth, tooth injuries
- a burn
- having an asthma attack
- heat exhaustion
Teens First Aid Course Type:
- Face to Face training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
Teens First Aid Certificate:
- This course is certified by Chris Garland Training & you will receive an A4 sized paper certificate upon successful completion.
- 5 guided learning hours, plus breaks.
- Approximately 09:30-15:30hrs. Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Each candidate will undertake a multiple-choice question paper & practical assessment.
- Practical observation: You’ll need to demonstrate your first aid skills, like it’s an emergency situation. You’ll need to be able to work on the floor – for example when you’re performing CPR. You’ll need to score 100% to achieve a pass.
- You’ll need to be able to demonstrate first aid procedures as you would in a real activity environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor. So you must be physically capable of doing this to pass the course.
- The course is aimed at those over 10-14 who are looking to learn some basic first aid skills. If you’re outside of this age range, please contact us to discuss your training requirements.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where by negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This course is available to candidates across the UK. We can deliver the course in other countries, but the protocols that we teach meet the current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- Online courses use your own computer, laptop, smart-phone, etc.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private course for your family or group, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.