Social Media for Business
The Internet has changed our lives both personally and commercially. The boundaries between personal and business communication are now much less defined. Three quarters of us in the developed world use the internet and Social media has become a serious business marketing technique with over 90% of businesses with an in‐house marketing department using social media for marketing and committing up to 20% of marketers time in that direction.
As far as your social media audience in concerned, 43% of people aged 20‐29 spend more than 10 hours a week on social media sites, with the Covid lockdown having a dramatic increase on these figures.
The starting point in any social media activity for business is your website or microsite. Your social media activities will invariably be referencing this site, so the first measurement of success in your social media activity will be the traffic you’re generating for your site through social media channels.
This CPD approved course is designed to assist people in business to understand how social media techniques can be used as an effective business marketing tool. The object of this course, is to provide sufficient information to enable you to develop a social media strategy for a business and implement that strategy personally or through the informed engagement of third party specialists (see links below to our recommended specialists).
Course syllabus includes:
- What is Social Media?
- Introduction to POST Methodology
- Websites & Microsites
- Bringing it all together
- Is social Media worth it?
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 100 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Social Media for Business course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Social Media for Business course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.
- Altrincham HQ – Award winning social media specialists
- The Last Hurdle – Business Development Specialists