Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Sexual harassment is unwanted conduct of a sexual nature. Experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace can be one of the most difficult situations a worker can face. However it should not be happening and all workers are protected by law from sexual harassment.
Handling accusations of sexual harassment can be difficult. If not done correctly can lead to the company being held liable along with the perpetrator of the harassment.
This course will start by defining sexual harassment and explaining how protection comes from both employment law and criminal law. You’ll see from workplace statistics how widespread and serious the problem is, and how the management response to concerns raised is often poor or non-existent.
The course also addresses how allegations should be handled, explains the importance of having clear and robust policies and the role line managers tend to take when it comes to dealing with these situations. The course also coves investigation from the employer’s perspective, the role of employment tribunals, and concludes with some case studies that will give further insight into what constitutes harassment and the outcome of cases where the businesses did not act appropriately to deal with this behaviour.
Course syllabus includes:
- What Is Sexual Harassment?Examples and Research
- Dealing With A Complaint
- Policies and The Role of The Line Manager
- Handling Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- The Law and Sexual Harassment
- Case Studies
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 55 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Sexual Harassment in the Workplace course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Sexual Harassment in the Workplace course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Sexual Harassment in the Workplace course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.