Principles of Effective Communication
When working in the adult social care sector, communicating is essential to develop your understanding of a service user’s needs, so you can provide them with the support they require. If the information exchanged is inaccurate or misleading, mistakes can be made which can result in ineffective care and a negative view of the service.
Professionals will form many different relationships in their work. Some will be formal and others more informal. Whoever you are communicating with and whatever the method you use it is essential that you make sure your communication is appropriate and effective.
This course covers some of the different ways of communication, how to identify barriers to communication and how to reduce these, making sure the person you are communicating with
understands what you are communicating, how to get help with communication issues and much more.
Course syllabus includes:
- Reasons People Communicate
- Ways of Communicating
- Identifying Communication Barriers
- Reducing Communication Barriers
- Checking Understanding
- Getting Help With Communication Issues
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 75 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Principles of Effective Communication course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Principles of Effective Communication course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Principles of Effective Communication course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.