Positive Handling in Schools E-Learning
Positive Handling is a very serious subject. Knowing when and how to act in a difficult situation can be the difference between a positive outcome and a potentially career ending prosecution.
This course will start by looking at some examples and statistics which highlight the seriousness and extent of aggressive pupil behaviour, it will then go on to explain how you can identify the stages of aggression and provide some tips on how you could de-escalate a pupil before they lash out. It also looks at where the law stands on this subject and finally best practice in theory if you ever do need to restrain a pupil.
Course syllabus includes:
- A Serious Business
- The Aggression Curve
- The SCARF Model
- Government Advice and Guidance
- Making decisions: Duty of Care
- The Law
- Physical Intervention and Restraint
- Screening, Searching and Confiscation
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This positive handling course will take the average learner around 2 hours to complete.
- This course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The positive handing course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.