Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Awareness E-Learning
In the UK there were 147 fatalities and 581,000 non-fatal injuries during 2018-19. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) plays a vital role in managing Health & Safety risks. However, historical data shows many workers suffering injury were not wearing this clothing.
This course will show how wearing PPE plays a crucial role in preventing and reducing fatalities, injuries and diseases that would otherwise occur in the workplace. It includes details of a wide range of PPE options, examines the legislation and regulations that govern the responsibilities of employers, employees and suppliers, and provides a real-life case study showing the law in action.
The course will also cover risk assessment and the role it plays in the selection and use of PPE along with discussing other hazard control measures that can be implemented. Finally, the course will move on to how to use, fit and wear PPE and understand its physical and theoretical limitations.
This PPE course is primarily aimed at people that work in industries such as construction where they are likely to need to use a wide range of PPE on a daily basis. However, there are many other areas of work where PPE is required such as factories, warehouses, window cleaners, healthcare workers, beauticians and many others. One of the key things this course is intended to do is to teach people why they should use the PPE that is supplied to them and it is some of these other work areas where this message will be most effective. Gaining an understanding of how and why you should use PPE will mean you are more likely to use it consistently and correctly throughout your working life. Ultimately, this will reduce your risk of injury.
PPE Course syllabus includes:
- Regulations & Responsibilities
- PPE in Practice
- Risk Assessment, Selection and Use
- Types of PPE
- Maintenance and replacement
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 1 years. We strongly recommend that you revisit your training after 1 year so as to maintain a safe workspace.
PPE Course duration:
- This course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This PPE awareness course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
PPE Course Pre-requisites:
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Our PPE awareness course can be run on most electronic devices, but we recommend a laptop/desktop so can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.