Personal Alcohol Licence Holder E-Learning
This Personal Alcohol Licence Holder course is a must for anyone working in, or wanting a career in the hospitality industry who wants to open up promotion opportunities or to move into a role that requires a personal licence.
The alcohol licensing laws of the United Kingdom regulate the sale and consumption of alcohol. Any organisation, business or individual who wishes to sell alcohol must have a licence. This is obtained from a Licensing Authority.
This Personal Alcohol Licence Holder course starts with an overview of UK alcohol licensing laws and the importance of promoting the four key licensing objectives. The three main types of licence are covered, including applications, conditions, representations, and reviews. You’ll learn about the legal duties of personal licence holders, and how to deal with Licensing Authorities, along with information relating to objections, fees and hearings.
The course discusses issues surrounding Temporary Event Notices, and mandatory conditions, which are compulsory for all licensed premises. It looks in detail at the major issue of age verification – and you’ll learn about the licensing laws and best practices as they apply to children and under 18s. Finally, it outlines the responsibilities involved in alcohol retailing including drinking guidelines and how to avoid and reduce conflict.
Course syllabus includes:
- Premises Licences
- Personal Licences and Club Premises Certificates
- Dealing With Licensing Authorities
- Types of Businesses Selling Alcohol
- Representations and Mandatory Conditions
- Licensing Authority Powers
- Children and Under 18s
- Responsibility in Alcohol Retailing
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This course will take the average learner around 1.5 hours to complete.
- This Personal Alcohol Licence Holder course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.