What do we mean by Person Centred Care? The term originated in the 1940s and proposed taking a holistic view of service users in care settings. This means getting to know the person and then tailoring their care as much as possible to meet their specific needs.
Person centred care is now a key principle outlined in current legislation and it plays an important part in the standards that they set out which must be followed by all care professionals working in this country.
This course will give you an understanding of person centred approaches for care and support, and how to implement a person-centred approach in an adult social care setting. It starts by explaining what we mean by person centred care and where this term originated. It then goes on to analyse the values represented by person centred care and explains why care should be as much as possible tailored to each service user. Finally it will give you an overview of care plans, daily reports, the importance of obtaining consent and much more.
Course syllabus includes:
- Course Overview
- Definitions and Values
- Care Plans and Consent
- Daily Reports
- Example Care Plans
- Case Study
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 45 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Person-Centred Care course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Person-Centred Care course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Person-Centred Care course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.