Noise Awareness E-Learning
This IIRSM approved noise awareness course starts by going into detail about how dangerous noise can be in the workplace, and the main safety issues you should be aware of. Around 17,000 people in the UK suffer deafness, ringing in the ears or other ear conditions caused by excessive noise at work. This damage is preventable if the right steps are taken, but once your hearing has gone it won’t come back.
The course will take you through some of the simple science, the main laws that apply and introduce you to noise level limits. It also covers some of the specific health risks and how to avoid them by producing risk assessments, action plans and through the provision of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. The course will conclude by examining how to provide information and instructions to employees, along with the most professional way to conduct workforce health surveillance.
The course is aimed at people that work in industries where excessive noise is a potential hazard. These include factories, manufacturing environments, entertainment, hospitality, mining, construction and metal working to name a few.
One of the key points this course is intended to teach is why it is so important to undertake and action points outlined in a noise risk assessment. This may include the use of PPE, limiting how long workers are exposed to noise or a number of other control measures that must be understood and followed. Understanding the risks and why controls are in place will mean workers are much more likely to consistently adhere to them. Having IIRSM approval means that this course meets the rigorous standards of this leading industry body.
Noise Awareness Course syllabus includes:
- Noise in the Workplace
- Health Risks
- Action Plans
- Prioritising Controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Information and Health Surveillance
Noise Awareness Course Certificate:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 1 years. We strongly recommend that you revisit your training after 1 year so as to maintain a safe workspace.
Noise Awareness Course duration:
- This course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This noise awareness course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Our noise awareness course can be run on most electronic devices, but we recommend a laptop/desktop so can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.