No-Nonsense Family First Aid
Our “No-Nonsense” Family First Aid course is specifically for those who just want to know “something” so that they have an idea of what to do in an emergency. Common sense says that you put a plaster on a cut finger, after having had a look at it to make sure that there’s nothing left inside the cut. So let’s cut to the chase and cover a range of the serious stuff in just a few hours. That’s exactly what this course delivers.
- How to assess the situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively
- Recognise & administer first aid to an infant, child or adult casualty who is/has;
- unresponsive & breathing normally (the “Recovery Position”)
- unresponsive & not breathing normally (CPR & using an AED/Defibrillator)
- having a heart attack
- suffering from a stroke
- experiencing a seizure
- wounds bigger than a plaster
- eye injuries
- broken bones
- minor burns or scalds
- A4 sized paper certificate of attendance are issued.
- 3.5 hours.
- None but constructive criticism will be offered during the practical elements of the course.
- You will need to demonstrate first aid procedures as you would in a real emergency. This will include providing CPR to a casualty (manikin) on the floor. Therefore you should be physically capable of doing to undertake the course.
- The course can be undertaken by anyone over 12 years of age. On scheduled courses, those under 18 will need to be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where by negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This course is available to candidates across the UK. We can deliver the course in other countries, but the protocols that we teach meet the current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire. Visit our Joining Instructions page to read about what you will need to bring/wear, etc.
- Why not arrange to have a private face to face course run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.