Mental Health Awareness
People often equate the words mental health with mental illness and there are many definitions of what mental health actually is. Mental health issues can happen to anyone despite social background, intelligence, gender or other factors.
This short course explains the difference between mental health and mental illness. It covers the symptoms of a number of the most common mental illnesses so you will know what to look out for or what to expect if you are working with someone with one of these conditions. It provides some practical advice on how you can work effectively with those affected by these conditions.
Course syllabus includes:
- What is mental illness and prevalence rates
- Symptoms of Bi-Polar, depression, psychotic disorders and schizophrenia
- Symptoms of anxiety, personality disorder, self-harming
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 25 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Mental Health Awareness course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Mental Health Awareness course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Mental Health Awareness course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.