Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
The Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) course describes in detail, the many facets and procedures of the Mental Capacity Act.
This includes who the act affects, when it applies and how to assess capacity. The course looks at the procedures that can be put in place in the home or workplace, to ensure best practices are followed and people are treated fairly at all times.
It also introduces the deprivation of liberty safeguards. These safeguards provide a framework for approving the deprivation of liberty for people who lack the capacity to consent to treatment or care in either a hospital or care home setting.
Course syllabus includes:
- What is the Mental Capacity Act?
- Assessing Capacity
- The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 75 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries. Candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.