Managing Sickness and Absence
The Managing Sickness and Absence course will help you to understand the different types of absence and identify ways of measuring absence.
Employee absence can be costly in terms of both lost time and money. It impacts businesses, managers, and colleagues in ways that range from them having to take on extra work or undertake
additional training, to experiencing additional stress and a drop in morale.
The course covers why you should complete return-to-work forms and how to conduct effective return-to-work meetings. it finishes off by explaining the formal processes involved in managing absence and how to apply appropriate policies.
Course syllabus includes:
- The Costs and Impact of Employee Absence
- Measuring and Managing Employee Absence
- Legislation, Processes, and Pay
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 60 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Managing Sickness and Absence course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Managing Sickness and Absence course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Managing Sickness and Absence course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.