Lockdown Procedure in Schools E-Learning
This lockdown procedure in schools training course will start by introducing the role of the lockdown officer then discuss some of the likely reasons for a lockdown, go over some of the steps you can take to prepare your school for lockdown as well as what to do in the event of a lockdown taking place.
In the last decade the threats to our society have multiplied and evolved in many ways. Terrorist organisations have transferred their fight from Iraq and Afghanistan to our back garden, Europe – and we have seen the damage that a small number of determined individuals can do.
The course is aimed at teachers, school administrators and support staff. It gives them an overview of what to expect and how to act in a lockdown situation and is intended to inform and prepare staff rather than alarm them. The advantages of being prepared and knowing how to handle an emergency situation can be invaluable as it means that proactive positive action can be taken to protect yourself and others in your care. Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the you can progress through the modules at your own pace and in you own time, so you can fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Course syllabus includes:
- Introduction and the Lockdown Officer
- Reasons for Lockdowns
- The Lockdown Signal and the all Clear Signal
- Suitable Rooms for Lockdown
- Communication Arrangements
- Possible Terminology
- Violent Intruder Lockdown
- Possible Threat or Danger
- Staff Lockdown Responsibilities
- Home Office Police Requirements
- Simple Measures and Where to Seek Help
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This lockdown procedure in schools training course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The lockdown procedure in schools training course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.