Ligature Training • Face to Face
Before the lockdown, this was the most popular of our ligature training courses. The highly practical 3 hour face to face course covers ligature cutter training, ligature removal training as well as ligature awareness training. The course then moves on to cover basic life support first aid training including the use of CPR & AED/defibrillators. This means that you’re then able to provide effective first aid until professional help can take over.
The course is aimed at those working in environments where incidents involving ligatures are a foreseeable risk. So if you’re ever faced with the situation, the training will enable you to act safely and decisively when responding to a ligature incident.
Course syllabus includes:
- Understanding Asphyxiation and Strangulation.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the neck.
- Signs and symptoms of ligature injuries.
- Ligature risk assessment.
- Managing ligature incident involving a suspended, part suspended and unsuspended casualty.
- Ligature cutting training: The cutting of a ligature using appropriate ligature cutting tools & the correct method of ligature removal.
- How to recognise a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- How to provide first aid to a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) first aid for an unconscious casualty;
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Use of an Automated/Automatic External Defibrillator (AED/Defib).
- The recovery position.
- The actions to be taken once an incident is complete including completing an incident report form.
- Face to Face training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
- This course is certified by Chris Garland Training.
- 3 guided learning hours.
- Typically 09:00-12:00hrs or 13:00-16:00, meaning that for private clients, we are able to run two courses per day.
- Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- You will undertake a practical assessment as part of this course. You need to score 100% to achieve a pass.
- During the practical observation you will be required to demonstrate how to act in an emergency situation. This includes;
- dynamic risk assessment for ligature awareness,
- being able to use the ligature cutting tools successfully,
- being able to work on the floor providing CPR.
- All course candidates must be over 18 years old to undertake the ligature removal training course due to the topics covered in the syllabus.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D-G/Level 1) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- All of our courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We limit numbers to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Any more and you just wouldn’t get sufficient time to learn and practice your new skills.
- Private courses: If you have fewer than 4, or more than 12 candidates to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course.
- This ligature training course is available to candidates across the UK. We can deliver the course in other countries, but the protocols that we teach meet the current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.