Level 3 Award in Responding to Ligature Incidents (RQF)
This highly practical ligature training course is aimed at those working in environments where incidents involving ligatures are a foreseeable risk, including;
- those working in the prison or probations services,
- those working in refuges,
- those who support people with complex needs and who may have issues such as physical and mental health, child welfare, family and relationship breakdown, offending behaviour, historic abuse, bereavement, substance misuse, sexual exploitation, domestic violence, childhood trauma and/or self-harm,
- those who work with young people in residential care,
- those who work in other higher risk environments.
Following successful completion of the course and assessments, you will receive the following course certificate:
- Level 3 Award in Responding to Ligature Incidents (RQF)
Course syllabus includes:
- Managing ligature incident involving a suspended and unsuspended casualty.
- The cutting of a ligature using appropriate equipment & the correct removal of a ligature.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- How to recognise a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- Management of a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for a casualty that is unconscious including;
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Use of an Automated/Automatic External Defibrillator (AED/Defib).
- The recovery position.
- The actions to be taken once an incident is complete including completing an incident report form.
- Face to Face training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
- This ligature training course is fully accredited by Ofqual & your certificate, which is valid for 3 years, will be issued by an Ofqual Regulated Awarding Organisation. You will receive an A4 sized paper certificate & a plastic credit card sized certificate.
- 6 guided learning hours.
- Typically 09:30-16:30hrs. Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Each candidate will undertake a practical assessment.
- Practical Assessments; Candidates are required to score 100% to achieve a pass.
- Candidates should be at least 18 years old to undertake this qualification.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D-G/Level 1) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This ligature training qualification is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.