Level 3 Award in Responding to Anaphylactic Reactions (RQF)
This anaphylaxis training is aimed those working with individuals at significant risk of having an anaphylactic reaction, this includes children. The qualification has been mapped to current UK resuscitation council guidelines & is aimed at supporting those undertaking the role of workplace first aider.
Anaphylaxis Training Course syllabus includes:
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Recognise & administer first aid to an adult, child or infant casualty who is;
- unresponsive & breathing normally (“recovery position”)
- unresponsive & not breathing normally (CPR & Defibrillator)
- suffering anaphylactic shock
- Identify common triggers of anaphylaxis
- Explain how to minimise the risk of an allergic reaction
- Understand the link between anaphylaxis and cardiac arrest
Anaphylaxis Training Certificate:
- Valid for 1 year. A4 sized pdf certificates are issued.
Anaphylaxis Training Course duration:
- Minimum of 3 guided learning hours with a further 2 hours self study.
- Practical assessments throughout the course & multiple choice test at the end.
- You’ll need to be able to demonstrate first aid procedures as you would in a real activity environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor. So you must be physically capable of doing this to pass the course.
- It’s recommended that you have a minimum of GCSE grade C/Level 2 literacy and numeracy (or equivalent) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- The anaphylaxis training course is suitable for anyone over 16 looking to undertake the responsibilities associated with being a nominated first aider.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where by negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- Although the content of the course has been developed in accordance with current UK practice, the course can be delivered in other countries.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private anaphylaxis training course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.