Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
This Level 3 Health and Safety course aims to provide your managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of all aspects of health and safety. It will raise their awareness of the responsibilities they are expected to maintain. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
This 3 day course is ideal for managers, supervisors, team leaders, heads of department or indeed anyone with a responsibility for health and safety within your business. This includes those who have a responsibility for training employees, setting and maintaining high standards and enforcing a positive health and safety culture at work. It is perfect for owners of small businesses or individuals wishing to advance their health and safety knowledge. It is the minimum requirement for those wishing to register with an awarding body to train basic Health and Safety qualifications.
Level 3 Health and Safety Course syllabus includes:
- Understanding the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
- Outlining the main legal framework and laws relating to health and safety at work.
- Legally required Welfare provisions.
- Defining the terms ‘incident’, ‘accident’ and ‘occupational ill health’.
- The benefits of using a safety management system.
- The costs associated with accidents and ill health.
- The principles of risk assessment & the different types of risk assessment that can be used.
- Understanding the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards.
- How the risks from different hazards may be affected by occupational, environmental, human and organisational factors.
- How injuries, ill health and other damage may result following exposure to common workplace hazards.
- Identifying suitable risk control measures using the principles of the hierarchy of control.
- Understanding how to manage the effects of accidents and incidents.
- The actions that need to be taken following an accident or incident in the workplace.
- How simple accident investigation techniques can reveal immediate and root causes.
Level 3 Health and Safety Course Type:
- Face to Face training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
Level 3 Health and Safety Course Certificate:
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- This Health & Safety qualification is fully accredited by Ofqual & your certificate, which is valid for 3 years, will be issued by an Ofqual Regulated Awarding Organisation.
- You will receive an A4 sized paper certificate.
Level 3 Health and Safety Course duration:
- The course is 18 hours long, spread over 3 days.
- Typically 09:30-16:30hrs each day. Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- There is a multiple-choice question paper at the end of the course.
- You need to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
- To undertake this Health & Safety qualification we recommend that you have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent (GCSE F-G).
- You should be over 16 to undertake the qualification.
- There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
Level 3 Health and Safety Course Candidates:
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This qualification is available to learners in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We can deliver the qualification in other countries, but the course and it’s content meets current UK legislation.
- We run this course at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Private Bookings – Why not run this course at your office for your colleagues? Use our Quote Builder Tool to request quote for a course at your venue.
Level 3 Health and Safety Course Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.