Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People (RQF)
If you work with children or young people, it’s vitally important that you can ensure their safety during the course of your work. Our safeguarding course gives you an introduction into what child abuse is. It will help you recognise early signs of possible problems and provide guidance on what you can do to prevent children suffering from abuse.
Course syllabus includes:
- You’ll understand how to safeguard and protect children, young people and other practitioners in the workplace.
- Key elements of the law on safeguarding children and young people.
- How practitioners can take steps to protect themselves from allegations and complaints within their everyday practice in a work setting.
- Ways in which concerns about children and young people can be reported.
- The characteristics of different types of child abuse.
- How to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused.
- Actions that should be taken in response to evidence that a child or young person has been abused or is at risk of being abused.
- How to respond to a child or young person who discloses abuse.
- Identifying those people with whom the information of abuse (or suspected abuse) may be shared with.
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People (RQF)
- Valid for 3 years. A4 sized paper certificate is issued.
- 6 guided learning hours & a further 2 hours self-study.
- This safeguarding course typically runs from 09:30-16:30hrs.
- Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Multiple choice test at the end of the course. You need to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
- The course is only for those over 18.
- We recommended that you have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent (GCSE F-G).
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor.
- This safeguarding course is available to candidates across the UK. We can deliver the course in other countries, but the protocols that we teach meet the current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.