Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH
The Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH is the perfect introduction to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health. This qualification is aimed at employees that require an understanding of the risks and controls when working with substances that are hazardous to health.
COSHH Level 2 Course syllabus includes:
- Outline employers and employee’s duties relating to hazardous substances at work.
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with statutory duties.
- List the ways in which an employer can communicate hazardous substances safety information.
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Define the terms hazard and risk with respect to hazardous substances.
- List the different forms that hazardous substances can take.
- Outline the health and safety effects that may arise following exposure or release of hazardous substances.
- Outline the routes that hazardous substances can enter the body.
- Describe how risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work.
- Outline the five-step process of risk assessment.
- Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled.
- Outline the control hierarchy in respect of safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health.
- Outline the types of information that should be referred to for the safe identification and use of hazardous substances.
- Describe the general procedures that should be in place for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances.
COSHH Level 2 Course Type:
- Face to Face training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH (RQF)
- This course is fully accredited by Ofqual & your certificate, which is valid for 3 years, will be issued by an Ofqual Regulated Awarding Organisation.
- 4 guided learning hours, plus breaks.
- Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Each candidate will undertake a multiple-choice question paper where will be required to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
COSHH Level 2 Pre-requisites:
- It’s recommended that you have a minimum of GCSE grade C/Level 2 literacy and numeracy (or equivalent) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- The course is suitable for anyone over 14 years old.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This COSHH qualification is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
COSHH Level 2 Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.