Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace for Catering & Hospitality E-Learning
Accredited Level 2 Health & Safety in the Workplace for all catering & hospitality sector staff. This flexible online video-based course following the approved UK syllabus is filmed on-location in a commercial kitchen and hospitality premises.
Fully accredited by QUALIFI, an OFQUAL regulated UK Awarding Organisation, this course provides an in-depth understanding of a range of threats to the Health & Safety of catering and hospitality workers focusing on kitchen and goods-in/moving vehicle hazards. Includes basic risk assessment, how to minimise threats to personal safety, and emergency First Aid essentials.
Course syllabus includes:
This course covers the nationally approved syllabus and content for Level 2 Health & Safety in the Workplace. It has been specially adapted and accredited for catering and hospitality workers. It includes the following highlights:
- Latest Health & Safety in the Workplace Law.
- How accidents in the Workplace occur and working with RIDDOR.
- Formal and informal Risk Assessment and the 5 step assessment plan.
- Working with Hazardous Substances and COSHH guidance.
- Reducing Manual Handling injuries through good lifting technique.
- Working with equipment, knives, and emergency electrocution First Aid.
- Noise stress and violence in the workplace.
- Fire Safety Awareness and what to do in the event of a fire.
- Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace for Catering & Hospitality
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This course takes the average learner around 6 hours to complete.
- This workplace health & safety course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 83% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This workplace health & safety course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.