Outdoor Food Safety Course – Level 2 Award in Food Safety – Outdoors (2 Day)
Our two-day Outdoor Food Safety Course has been developed to meet the needs of those handling food in an outdoor environment. We’ve taken our bespoke one day Outdoor Food Safety Course and added multiple game meat preparation sessions to give you a much more hands on course. It’s ideal for:
- Bushcraft Instructors
- Forest School Leaders
- Park Rangers
- Cub/Scout/Beaver/Brownie/Guide leaders
- And anyone who wants to learn to prepare game meats outdoors safely
All food handlers (cooks, chefs, etc) are responsible for ensuring that the food they prepare, serve and sell (or give away) is safe to eat. Being based on the QNUK Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF, the qualification is accepted by Local Authority Environmental Health Officers & meets UK & EU Legal requirements.
Outdoor Food Safety Course syllabus includes:
- The legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- The reporting of food safety hazards, infestations and spoilage
- Personal health and hygiene in a catering environment
- Allergenic hazards
- How to keep food safe within a catering environment
- Contamination and cross-contamination
- Safe food handling practices and procedures
- Temperature controls
- Stock control procedures
- Food spoilage
- Cleaning practices & the safe use and storage of chemicals
- Waste disposal
- Pest control
- Introduction to preparing game meats (typically rabbit, pheasant and trout)
- Outdoor cooking techniques
Outdoor Food Safety Course Certificate:
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail (RQF) & 2 day Outdoor Food Safety Course CPD certificate.
- The Ofqual regulated course certificate is valid for 3 years & is issued as an A4 sized paper certificate & credit card sized plastic certificate.
- The Chris Garland Training two day Outdoor Food Safety Course CPD certificate is issued as an A4 sized paper certificate.
Outdoor Food Safety Course duration:
- 12 guided learning hours with a further 3 hours self-study.
- Please read the following pages on the Food Standards Agency website prior to attending the course:
Outdoor Food Safety Course Time:
- This course typically runs from 09:30-15:30hrs on both days. Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Multiple choice test at the end of the course. You need to achieve 70% to pass.
Outdoor Food Safety Course Pre-requisites:
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- All candidates should be at least 14 years old to undertake the qualification.
- All classroom courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and (where applicable) by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor.
- Should you have more than 12 candidates to be trained, please contact us to discuss your training needs.
- The qualification is available to candidates in the UK.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire. Visit our Joining Instructions page to read about what you will need to bring/wear, etc.
- If you have chosen the blended learning option, you’ll need to attend our training centre to complete the face to face element of the course. Where a private booking has been made for multiple candidates using the blended learning option, please contact us to discuss holding the practical element of the course at your venue.
- Why not arrange to have a private face to face course run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
Outdoor Food Safety Course Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.