Level 2 Award in Behavioural Detection Analysis
Develop you understanding of behavioural detection analysis with this course. The aim of this course is not to teach you how to recognise very specific behaviours. Our aim instead is to give you a general understanding of anomalous behaviour. What makes things odd. The desired outcome as a result of you completing this training would be to give you the confidence that you’re capable of identifying anomalous behaviour. And in turn are empowered to act on your observations combined with your gut feeling – something no amount of artificial intelligence will be able to replace.
This entry-level course in the basics of good behavioural detection, creates an organisation-wide culture of involvement in risk reduction and keeping public spaces protected by spotting a threat before it becomes one. This need is relevant to any crowded place that needs to reduce its threat risk – retail businesses, entertainment and sports venues, airports, ports, rail stations – just by involving employees in the team effort to keep themselves and their organisation safe.
The set of simple procedures in this course gives trainees the confidence to assess the baseline of average behaviours and spot those behaviours which are out of the ordinary, and then gives a straightforward instruction in how to conduct an initial ‘Resolution’ conversation to work out why the person might be exhibiting stress behaviours. It’s not about increasing suspicion – it’s about increasing awareness. Engaging in good behavioural detection practices across an organisation is a vital part of keeping that organisation strong. It’s a win-win – in most cases you will provide improved customer service to innocent but stressed people, but in those vital few cases you may identify a possible threat from a person whose behaviours and story just don’t add up.
And the reason you can play such a vital part is that even with all the technical and AI support available nowadays – CCTV cameras, facial recognition – nothing is more effective at recognising human behaviour…than a human.
Course syllabus includes:
- What is behavioural detection?
- The basic concepts of behavioural detection.
- Defining the term “threat” in a security context.
- Understanding how to establish a behaviour baseline.
- Recognising anomalous behaviours.
- Understanding the root cause of anomalous behaviours.
- How to conduct a resolution conversation.
- This course is available as either;
- a fully online course. Successful completion of which results in the QNUK Endorsed certificate, or
- a blended learning course (the same online learning course, plus an invigilated exam at our training centre). Successful completion of which results in the QNUK RQF certificate.
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Behavioural Detection Analysis (QNUK Endorsed).
- This is not a regulated qualification. You will receive a pdf certificate at the end of the course. We recommend this option for learners who do not wish to receive a formal qualification or may be located overseas, where there is no ability to undertake the face to face invigilated examination. This option is great if you are only looking for CPD training for your staff.
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Behavioural Detection Analysis (RQF).
- This is the accredited qualification option. After you’ve completed the e-learning course, you’ll be issued with a code number. You then need to attend our training centre where you will sit a multiple-choice exam paper as a face to face invigilated examination. You’ll need to give us your code number beforehand. On successfully passing the exam you will receive the QNUK Level 2 Award in Behavioural Detection Analysis (RQF) certificate.
- There are 11 learning & assessment modules within the online learning course. These take around 3 hours to complete & can be done at your own pace.
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Behavioural Detection Analysis (QNUK Endorsed):
- During the online learning course you will sit short assessments after each training module.
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Behavioural Detection Analysis (RQF):
- After successfully completing the online learning course, you will need to sit a multiple choice exam at our training centre. The multiple choice exam lasts for 40 minutes & you need to get 70% correct to pass.
- Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
- You should be at least 16 years old in order to undertake the qualification.
- This qualification is available to candidates in England.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries; however, you should be aware that the content is designed to meet current English legislation.
- Undertake the online elements of the course on your internet connected device (laptop, tablet, etc) at your leisure.
- The multiple choice exam must be undertaken at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the online element of the course.
- If you have chosen the Accredited versin of the course, contact us to discuss when your face to face exam will be held after you have completed the online learning element.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.