Legionella Awareness Training
Legionella Awareness Training: Legionella is a life-threatening bacterium which can be present in most environments where there are both natural and man-made water systems. Legionella training is essential when it comes to implementing effective risk management programme.
This course is suitable for anyone in charge of premises (known as the duty holder) no matter how big or small the premises and regardless of the number of people present. This includes all employers, self-employed people and anyone else in control of premises, such as landlords and letting agents. Landlords have an obligation to be aware of the dangers of Legionella and ensure a risk assessment is done to keep their tenants from harm. This course provides details on how to carry out a risk assessment and explains what should be included so that you have an awareness of how to identify Legionella hazards and react appropriately.
The Health and Safety Executive’s ACOP L8 was written for duty holders and provides an in-depth guide to how they can comply with their legal duties. This Legionella training course is based on ACOP L8 and covers each of the duties in more detail throughout the course.
Legionella Awareness Training Course syllabus includes:
- What is Legionella & where it’s found
- Legionnaires’ disease & at risk people
- Symptoms and treatment of Legionnaires’ disease
- Health and safety legislation relating to legionella
- Landlord, Employer & Employee responsibilities
- Legionella Risk Assessments
- Monitoring and inspection
- Controlling water systems in residential settings and avoiding stagnation
- Face to Face training (maximum of 12 learners to 1 instructor).
Legionella Awareness Training Certificate:
- This course is certified by Chris Garland Training. Your certificate is valid for 3 years after completing the course.
- 4 guided learning hours, plus breaks.
- Please note the exact times for your course booking.
- Each candidate will undertake a multiple-choice question paper where will be required to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass.
Legionella Awareness Training Pre-requisites:
- It’s recommended that you have a minimum of GCSE grade C/Level 2 literacy and numeracy (or equivalent) before undertaking this course. This is not mandatory – please contact us to discuss any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs.
- The course is suitable for anyone over 14 years old.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This Legionella awareness training is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private Legionella Awareness Training course run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
Legionella Awareness Training Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.